Thursday, April 25, 2013

Barbed

The chains of despair are broken by one involuntary shutter. I look back to see the remains of a broken dream. Together we walked in daisy fields. Now the scene is smoldering and I am disgraced. How could I let you stalk away without trying to explain? I didn't mean to be hurtful, but I felt so confused. The words would not come. The apology stuck in my chest. Sometimes I wish you could feel how I hurt for your sake. To be able to show how much I care, but the words will not be voiced because of this stubborn pride. I drag you  along barbed wire with my grating annoyance, because I can't do or say what you want. I feel so much compassion, but it gets lost somewhere between my heart and mouth. I hope you can at least see it in my eyes. 
I love you.


 (Written by Amy E. McCoy 11-26-06)


http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Doom-And-Gloom.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies Video

Popular Posts