Sunday, May 5, 2013

Abandon Myself

-->
Stooping low to hide behind the bed
Hoping no one can see me
I fear, but I know what will happen
One more time to abandon myself
One more time to separate myself from this terror
I know later I will forget
I will go on like nothing happened
I can go outside and play
At night I know I will cry
I wake up crying, but in the morning I can go to school
I have to believe that everything will be okay
I can push the bad thoughts away
I try to think of all the fun stuff I want to do
I dread going home to listen to the fighting
Everyone is always upset.
All I hear is the screaming, and these painful memories resound in my head
I cover my ears and pretend not to hear
I am terrified someone will hurt each other or me
I can’t watch the violence anymore


(Written by Amy E. McCoy 11-8-06)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies Video

Popular Posts